Friday, May 13, 2016

Friendship Card - Wax Paper Emboss

This is the last of the cards from last weekend's wax paper embossing class.  I just  love this stamp set, and I see LOTS of projects with it (especially since I'm a gardener!).  I thought the Lovely Lace embossing folder was perfect for this card.  To see the directions/details of the wax paper embossing technique, please check out Wednesday's blog post.


Cardstock:  Soft Suede, Tangerine Tango, Whisper White
Ink:  So Saffron, Tangerine Tango
Punch: Washi Punch (will be retiring)
Stamp Set: Gifts from the Garden

I stamped the plants using Tangerine Tango on the white cardsock.  Then I stamped them again in Soft Suede onto a scrap piece of whisper white.  I used dies from Dies by Dave (contact me for details) to die cut the planter.  They are popped up with dimensionals for some texture.

The sentiment is longer than the washi tape punch is.  In order to get this look, I cut a strip of paper the same width of the punch opening.  I stamped the sentiment and then inserted just one end of the punched image into the punch and punched that side.  Then I put the other side of the strip into the punch; lined it up to where I wanted it to be and punched that side of it.  Instant lengthening of the punch!

Please let  me know if you have any questions at all about this project.  I'm happy to answer!



No comments:

Post a Comment