Monday, May 23, 2016

Mini Treat Bag Masculine Birthday Card

Last weekend I had a card class using the Mini Treat Bag thinlits.  We made two cards using the thinlit  set.  This is the first one we made:


This was inspired by a project I saw on Pinterest.  It was quick and simple to make, but it looks like it took a long time!  This thinlit set has LOTS of pieces to it.  We only used the main two, but  oh, the possibilities!!!!




The card base is cut at 4 1/4 x 5 1/2.   For  the shirt, I cut a piece of DSP 6 x 12.  From that piece, I cut out pieces for both of the pieces from the thinlit set.  I attached the smaller panel to the larger one and then trimmed the top jagged edge off.  Next, I folded the two sides in towards the middle and then made the folds for the collar.  Once those were set, I put snail along the bottom edge and along the front flaps of the shirt to close the shirt.  The buttons are made from 1/2" circles that I made two white dots on with a gel pen.  The bow tie is made with the Bow Builder Punch.

The base of the inside card is 4 1/2 x 3 1/2.  The white layer is 4 1/4 x 3 1/4.  The "Happy Birthday" sentiment is stamped along the top of the white layer so that it peeks out of the shirt when assembled.

Cardstock:  Pacific Point, Whisper White, Basic Black
DSP: Everyday Chic (retiring 5/31/16)
Punches:  1/2" circle, Bow Builder
Stamp Set: Guy Greetings

Looks complicated, but it's not when you have this great thinlit set!

No comments:

Post a Comment