Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Day 14 of 30 Days of New Catalog Projects - Friends Card

Today's card features the new stamp set "Sitting Here".  I've really enjoyed playing with this set, although it's not one that I would normally jump to purchase.  I'm not real big on coloring, and every stamp in this set calls for coloring!


To make the background paper, I used the stamp that is the square pillow and made a (not so straight) pattern.  Even though the squares are not perfectly lined up, I kind of like the look of them being a bit off.  I used Daffodil Delight for the squares.  The dog is stamped in  Early Espresso and colored using the blender pen and Soft Suede.  The cat is stamped in Basic Black and colored using the blender pen and Basic Gray.  The basket is stamped in Delightful Dijon and colored in using the blender pen and Daffodil Delight.

I stamped the basket directly onto the paper.  I stamped the cat and dog onto scrap paper and then fussy cut them out.  I made a little slit in the basket and tucked the dog into it so it looked like he was actually in the basket and not just floating on top of it.  I pop dotted the cat so he actually looked like he was outside of the basket.

Carstock:  Cherry Cobbler, Whisper White
Stamp Set:  Sitting Here
Ink:  Early Espresso, Soft Suede, Basic Black, Basic Gray, Delightful Dijon, Daffodil Delight
Ribbon:  Cherry Cobbler Chevron (retired)

I  was a bit out of my comfort zone with this one, but I do like the end result.  What do you think?

As always, I'm happy to answer any questions about this project or any other on my blog.  Be sure to check back tomorrow for another project.

Happy Stampin'!
Anna

No comments:

Post a Comment