Thursday, June 16, 2016

Day 16 of 30 Days of New Catalog Projects - Sitting Here

This is one of the cards we made at my catalog kick-off last weekend.  Actually, it's a bit different - the sample I had at the class accidentally got some ink on it, so I remade the card and made a couple modifications!  This card uses the new Sitting Here set.  Most of the colors, except for the sun, are from the 2-15-2017 In Colors



The first image stamped is the swing.  I did that on purpose so when I stamped the tree, the leaves would look like they were over the ropes on the swing.   The tree is stamped with the Sheltering Tree set in Cucumber Crush.  The sun is sponged with Daffodil Delight, and the sky is sponged with Soft Sky.  The grass is is sponged lightly with Cucumber Crush and then the grass image from the Sitting Here set was stamped over it.  The bird is stamped in Marina Mist and then colored in with Soft Sky marker.  The bench is colored in with Tip Top Taupe Marker, and the cushion is colored in with Watermelon Wonder marker.  The pillows are stamped with Mint Macaron and then softly sponged with Mint Macaron and punched out with the 3/4" circle punch.  I added tiny pearls for the look of buttons.

Cardstock:  Tip Top Taupe, Watermelon Wonder, Whisper White
Ink:  Cucumber Crush, Daffodil Delight, Soft Sky, Marina Mist, Mint Macaron
Markers: Soft Sky, Tip Top Taupe, Watermelon Wonder
Stamp Sets:  Sitting Here, Sheltering Tree

Lots of stamping and inking, but I think well worth it!

I hope you are enjoying the 30 Days of New Catalog Projects so far; be sure to check out tomorrow's post for another card from the kick-off party!

As always, I'm happy to answer any questions you have about this project or any other.

Happy Stampin'!
Anna

No comments:

Post a Comment