Thursday, June 2, 2016

30 Days of the New Catalog - Day 2: Swirly Bird Flowers

Today's project features the Swirly Bird stamp set -- I just keep finding things to do with this set!  The card was inspired by the Global Designs Project Sketch Challenge.  This is the first time I did the GDP challenge, but a browse around their blog tells me it won't be the last!

This is the sketch (#GDP038) for my inspiration.  I flipped it on its side so it worked better with my design.
This is my final product.

The card has mostly with all new product from the new catalog.

Cardstock:  Thick Whisper White, Whisper White, Basic Black, Blushing Bride, Sweet Sugarplum, Emerald Eny
DSP :  Playful Pallette
Ink:  Blushin Bride, Emerald Eny, Sweet Sugarplum
Stamp Sets: Swirly Bird, Thoughtful Banners
Punch:  Duet Banner
Thinlit:  Swirly Scribbles

The card base is the DSP with tiny strips of Basic  Black.  The card front is Whisper White stamped with the "blob" stamp from Swirly Bird in Blushing Bride.  
The flowers were made by stamping the circle from the Swirly Bird set in Blushing Bride and Sweet Sugarplum.  Then I die cut the swirls out of the coordinating card stock and attached it over the stamped image. I added a few rhinestones just to bling it up a bit.
The leaves were made by stamping the veins in Emerald Envy onto coordinating card stock and then die cutting them out.
The sentiment comes from the Thoughtful Banners set.  The banner is stamped in Emerald Envy, and the sentiment is stamped in Sweet Sugarplum.  Then it was punched out with the coordinating Duet Banner punch

Although there were a lot of steps to this, it really did go together pretty quickly and easily.

Check back tomorrow for Day 3 of the new catalog!




No comments:

Post a Comment