Monday, June 20, 2016

Day 20 of 30 Days of New Catalog Project - Balloon ATC

It's the 20th of the month, so that means it's time for my monthly ATC post.  ATCs (Artist Trading Cards) are little works of art that measure 2 1/2 x  3 1/2.  I join a mnthly ATC swap at scrapbook.com, and one of the categories this month was Balloons.  What a perfect time to showcase the new stamp set, Birthday Banners.



I used the polka dotted balloon from the set to make this bunch of balloons.  The colors are Watermelon Wonder, Pool Party, and Pear Pizzazz.  To make the bouquet, I had to do some masking.   The first balloon stamped was the center Watermelon Wonder one.  Then I put a mask over that one (I made the mask by punching out the small balloon from the Balloon Bouquet punch) and then stamped the blue balloon on the left, and the green balloon on the right.  Then I masked the three balloons, and stamped the second blue one.  Next, mask the second blue one and the front green one, and stamp the watermelon one on the right.  Last, I masked both of the blue ones and stamped the top green balloon.

After all the balloons were stamped, I made the strings with the thin side of the Basic Black Stampin' Write marker.  I stamped the banner with the Thoughtful Banners set and punched it out using the Duet Banner punch.  Of course, I needed to add some finishing touches, and added some Pool Party Thick Twine and rhinestones.

Cardstock:  Watermelon Wonder, Whisper White
Ink:  Watermelon Wonder, Pool Party, Pear Pizzazz
Stamp Sets:  Birthday Banners, Thoughtful Banners
Punch:  Duet Banner
Other:  Rhinestones, Pool Party thick twine

I hope you will give ATCs a try.  I'm sure once you do, you'll be hooked!

Come back tomorrow for another day of new catalog projects!

Happy Stampin'!
Anna

2 comments: