Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Day 21 of 30 Days of New Catalog Projects - Birthday Balloon

Today's project is a fun birthday card.  It uses the Birthday Banners stamp set.



The card base is Watermelon Wonder, with a middle layer in Whisper White.  The card front is also Whisper White.  I randomly stamped the polka dot balloons from the Birthday Banner set using So Saffron, Mint Macaron, and Watermelon Wonder.

To make the candle, I stamped the candle image in the set twice - it's a short candle, and I wanted a longer candle.  I stamped it in Watermelon Wonder, and the flame is Daffodil Delight. I mounted the candle on a piece of So Saffron that I made a banner out of using the Banner Triple Punch.

The sentiment and banner also come from the Birthday Banners set -- the banner in Mint Macaron and the sentiment in Watermelon Wonder.  I die cut the banner using the coordinating Bunch of Banners framelits.

Cardstock:  Watermelon Wonder, Whisper White
Stamp Set: Birthday Banner
Framelit:  Banner Triple Punch

I really like this combination of colors and think they're perfect for a birthday card!

Be sure to check back tomorrow for another project.

Happy Stampin!
Anna

1 comment: