Sunday, June 5, 2016

Day 5 of 30 Days of New Catalog Projects

Welcome back to another day of new catalog projects.  Once again, today's project is using the Swirly Birds stamp set.  I was going to showcase a different set, but then I ended up making this card for the  Freshly Made Sketches challenge (check it out here).  As soon as I saw this week's sketch, this card came right to my mind.

Here's the sketch:

I modified it a bit and came up with this:


I used the triple layer stamping technique on this card.  Basically, you cut  out the three white pieces that you will be stamping on and, with temporary adhesive, attach them to each other and stamp your images, being sure to have some images overlap on the cut pieces.  After the stamping is done, take the three pieces apart and mount them onto the layering cardstock.  Assemble the card, and it all lines up seamlessly.

Cardstock:  Calypso Coral, Marina Mist, Whisper  White
Ink: Calypso Coral, Pool Party, Soft Sky
Stamp Sets: Swirly Bird, Sprinkles of Life, Thoughtful Banners

I really like this technique, don't you?  Be sure to come back tomorrow for another project!

4 comments:

  1. What a great card! I love that kite! What a fun background! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jen. Looking forward to another sketch from FMS!

      Delete
  2. Delightful and breezy! Glad you joined us at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Linda. I'm looking to forward to more fun on FMS!

      Delete