Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Day 7 of 30 Days of New Catalog Products - Playful Butterfly

True to my word, today's project does not feature the new Swirly Bird set.  This card features some DSP from the Playful Pallette Stack as well as the new Sweet Sugarplum ruched ribbon.


The card base is Sweet Sugarplum. I stamped along the right side in Sweet Sugarplum using the Watercolor Wings set.  Then I cut a piece of DSP from the  Playful Pallette stack the same size as the card front (4 1/4 x 5 1/2); then I cut in about 2 " from the right halfway down the side.  I turned the flaps outward to make the "collar" and adhered them to the front. I wrapped a piece of ribbon along the left hand side into  a knot.  I used the Watercolor Wings stamp set to make the butterfly.  The butterfly is a three step stamp set -- the first layer is Blushing Bride, the second is Sweet Sugarplum, and the third is Emerald Envy. I die cut the butterfly using the Bold Butterfly thinlit.  

I just love the color combination on this piece of paper, don't you?

Be sure to check back tomorrow for another project!

No comments:

Post a Comment