Wednesday, June 1, 2016

June Blogging Friends Blog Hop - The New Catalog is Here!!


Welcome to the June Blogging Friends Blog Hop. This month, we are featuring some of the products from the new Annual Catalog.  The new catalog goes live today, and you are going to LOVE it!  There are tons of great new products, and the new In-Colors are so cheery (and they have great names)! So, sit back, relax and enjoy the hop!  To celebrate the new catalog, I will be posting one project per day featuring something new each day-- ink colors, paper, stamp, accessory, etc.  Be sure to check back daily!

Since today is our monthly blog hop, I'm posting three projects that all showcase the Swirly Bird stamp set and the coordinating thinlit set, Swirly Scribbles.  The stamp set has 24 stamps, and the thinlit set has 9 dies. The stamp set and thinlit set can be purchased separately, but they are also available as a bundle at a 10% discount.

I'll be totally honest with you -- when I first saw this stamp set, I was not thrilled with it at all! I included it in my pre-order because I needed an additional stamp set to showcase at my upcoming catalog reveal party.  When it arrived, I kept looking at it, totally stumped, thinking that I would surely be returning it.  Boy was I WRONG!  I propped the stamp set up on my table and stopped to look at it every time I walked by it, hoping that inspiration would strike me.  Soon enough, I was flooded with ideas and now I can honestly say that I am really glad I decided to keep this set!



There is just so much fun in this set -- flowers, leaves, a boat, a bird --with little feet and even eggs!  The coordinating thinlits make this an even more versatile set.

I decided to use the boat for this first card:


The sailboat was made using four of the stamps -- the boat, both of the sails, and the tiny flag on the top.  The boat is stamped using a stamped-off Basic  Black, and the sails are stamped in Real Red -- the striped sail full strength, and the solid one stamped off.  The flag on the boat is stamped in the new In-Color Dapper Denim (which I LOVE!).

I made the waves by stamping the flower stem from the set horizontally alternating in full strength and stamped off using Dapper Denim.  Then I did the same with the "blobs" stamp.  The sun is also from this set stamped in Daffodil Delight.  

I fussy cut the sailboat and popped it up on the card.  Isn't this a fun little card?

Cardstock:  Thick Whisper White, Dapper Denim, Whisper White
Ink:  Real Red, Dapper  Denim, Daffodil Delight
Stamp Set:  Swirly Birds


This second card was fun to make, although there was a lot of die cutting involved!


The brown branches of the vine were made with the wavy thinlit cut out in Soft Suede.  The flowers and leaves were stamped in two of the new In Colors -- Flirty Flamingo and Emerald  Envy.  They were die cut using the coordinating flower and leaf thinlit.  The sentiment was stamped in Flirty Flamingo using the Balloon Celebration set.  I added a dollop of Dazzling Diamonds in the center of each flower for a little bit of glitz.

Cardstock:  Flirty Flamingo, Whisper White, Soft Suede
Ink:  Flirty Flamingo, Emerald Envy
Stamp Set:  Swirly Bird 
Thinlit: Swirly Scribbles


This last project is a set of four note cards that I'll be giving away as one of the prizes at my catalog kickoff event in a couple weeks.


These cards were pretty easy to put together.  First I randomly stamped the flower and then I went back and added the leaves.   To make the leaves, I stamped them with Emerald Envy -- stamping off first, then I added the veins using Emerald Envy full strength.  Voila!

Card stock:  Sweet Sugarplum, Whisper White
Ink:  Sweet Sugarplum, Emerald Envy
Stamp Set:  Swirly Bird

I hope you will continue on to the other blogs on this hop to see some great inspiration and creativity. To continue on with the blog, click on this icon, or click on the names of the bloggers on the list below the icon. I hope you enjoy your hop!

As always, I'm happy to answer any questions you have about these projects or anything else.


Anna - You are Here



6 comments:

  1. Anna, I think we ALL had the same thoughts with that new Swirly Bird stamp set! I'm still not sure what I think about it, but I do love your sailboat card using it. xo Crystal

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute. May make me rethink this one

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful cards! I'm moving Swirly Birds onto my wish list now :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love all your samples Anna! Dapper Denim seems to be a new fave for everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love all of your samples. I have this set to do a swap, and I just might have to CASE one of them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great set of cards! Love these framelits!

    ReplyDelete