Friday, July 15, 2016

Fast Friday - Scrapbook Layout

Today's Fast Friday project is a scrapbook layout of my younger daughter's 11th birthday.  Again, I used Stylized Birthday stamp.  I must admit, though, that it was going pretty quickly, until I decided to change the placement of the balloons, and ended up tearing some of the paper.  So I had to die cut the date to cover it, and it then wasn't as fast as it originally was.


The background paper is Melon Mambo and Crushed Curry.  The DSP is from the retired set Kaleidescope.   The strip of DSP across the middle is the backside of the polka dot piece, so I only used one piece of DSP.  The pictures are mounted on Whisper White and Melon Mambo.  The title is stamped in  Crushed Curry on Whisper White and mounted on Melon Mambo.  

I used the Birthday Banners stamp set to stamp the candles (Melon Mambo and Crushed Curry), and fussy cut them by hand.  The balloons are stamped using the Birthday Banners set an Bermuda Bay, Crushed Curry and Melon Mambo ink and punched out with the Balloon Bouquet punch.  They are tied together with Bermuda Bay baker's twine.

The "11" is die cut from the Little Numbers Thinlits set, as is the date.  The date is mounted on a banner made with the Triple Banner punch.

In total, this entire layout -- including the extra die cutting for the date -- was under an hour.

I hope you've enjoyed this first week of projects.  Please come back again on Monday for a Masculine Monday project.

Happy Stampin'!
Anna

No comments:

Post a Comment