Friday, July 1, 2016

July Blog Hop - Summer Fun


Welcome to the July  Blogging Friends Blog Hop.  This month's theme is Summer Fun, and I'm sure you will find some great inspiration from all of the very talented bloggers in this group!  If you've been following along on the blog hop, you have arrived here from Crystal's blog.  At the end of this post, you will find a link to the next blog, as well as a list with links for all the other bloggers.  Sit back and enjoy the summer projects!

I've worked in a school  for the last 15 years and, up until 3 years ago, always had the summers off so I could be home with my girls.  My neighbor also worked a similar job, so when school was out, we would get together with our kids and swim in my pool and end up around the fire pit enjoying some summery drinks -- some alcoholic, and some not!  This new stamp set, Mixed Drinks, immediately brought back memories of those summer days.


The card base is Flirty Flamingo and each "drink" is stamped on Whisper Whit and mounted on the same color as the stamped image.  The top row is Daffodil Delight (we love drinking out of Mason jars) and Blushing Bride (pink lemonade); the bottom row is Sweet Sugarplum (a yummy frozen concoction) and Peekaboo Peach (an orange sherbert float).  I happened to have some pearls that were the same color as the Flirty Flamingo and used them as embellishments (I needed one for an ink smudge so I decided to use a few more!  I used a bit of Wink of Stella on all the drinks, but it doesn't show up good in the picture.

Cardstock:  Daffodil Delight, Blushing Bride, Sweet Sugarplum, Peekaboo Peach, Thick Whisper White, Whisper White
Stamp Set:  Mixed Drinks
Ink:  Daffodil Delight, Blushing Bride, Sweek Sugarplum, Peekaboo Peach, Calypso Coral (straw in the pink lemonade), Real Red (cherry in the float)
Ribbon:  Flirty Flamingo Rouched Ribbon
Other:  Wink of Stella (clear), pink pearls (non SU)

________

Another favorite hobby of mine is dragging my husband to see lighthouses, and we usually do that during the summer.  That's where I got the inspiration for this next card.



The card base is Marina Mist; the middle layer is Whisper White, and the card front is watercolor paper.  To make the water I squeezed the Marina Mist stamp pad until the ink pooled in the cover. Using a blender pen, I put the ink onto the bottom half of the paper.  I did the same with the top using Daffodil Delight.  Then I spritzed the card front with water to blend the colors.  Before it was completely dry, I sponged a bit of Calypso Coral in the sky and a very light touch of Emerald Envy in the water.

Using the From Land to Sea set, I stamped the lighthouse in Real Red. I die cut it using a coordinating die made by Dies by Dave (contact  me for info).  The sailboat is stamped with the Swirly Bird set -- gray for the boat and Pacific Point and Real Red for the sailes.  I fussy cut that out.  The boat and lighthouse are popped up for some dimension.

I used the sentiment "Thank you for being there when I needed you the most" from the Sitting Here set.  I thought that sentiment was perfect for boat and lighthouse scene! I stamped it in Pacific Point.

Cardstock:  Marina Mist, Whisper White,  Watercolor Paper
Stamp Set: From Land to Sea, Swirly Bird, Sitting Here
Ink:  Marina Mist, Emerald Envy, Daffodil Delight, Calypso Coral, Real Red, Basic Gray,  Pacific Point

________

This last card was a last minute one.  I've been meaning to try this since I first saw it on Pinterest about a year ago.  What a perfect reason to make it!  My family is always looking for watermelon as soon as summer arrives!


The card base is Cucumber Crush.  The card base is Whisper White.  The watermelon was made with the Work of Art set.  The rid is Cucumber Crush, and the watermelon is Watermelon Wonder (of course!).  To make the seeds, I punched out a couple hearts in Basic Black using the tiny  heart punch from the Tiny Accent set (retired).  The "Sweet" is from the new Thoughtful Banners set, and the ribbon is Cucumber Crush lace (retired).

Cardstock:  Cucumber Crush, Whisper White, Basic  Black
Stamp Set:  Work of Art, Thoughtful Banners
Ink:  Cucumber Crush, Watermelon Wonder
Punch: Tiny Heart (retired)
Ribbon:  Cucumber Crush Lace (retired)

So, that's what summer is to  me -- drinks, lighthouses and watermelon!  What about you???


To continue on to the next blog, click on the icon below or on any of the bloggers' names!  Enjoy!


Anna - You are Here


8 comments:

  1. Great summer time inspiration, Anna! Lots a great techniques to try!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all those cool summer drinks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very fun Summery cards! Thank you for sharing. It is great to have neighbors with kids that your kids can pal around with when they are young brings back memories of when my kiddos were happy to splash in the pool all day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great cards! I don't remember that stamp set but it looks like fun! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't bought the new drinks set yet, but this is the first time I've seen it and I really like them! Perfect for summer. As is the fun watermelon, which I too, have seen on Pinterest. Happy 4th! Crystal

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great job Anna. Love the little watermelon

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those drinks look yummy, Anna! And I've been meaning to try the watermelon using the Work of Art set too - thanks for the reminder - it looks great :) Fabulous summery cards, Anna. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the watercolor card...so pretty how the colors turned out. I have seen that watermelon card all over Pinterest too! I have my eye on the mix drinks stamp set, I haven't seen many samples using it.

    ReplyDelete