Monday, July 11, 2016

Masculine Monday - Happy Birthday

Welcome to the first day of a new blog series!  During the months of July and August, I will be posting projects on weekdays -- Masculine Monday, Technique Tuesday, Washi Wednesday, Throwback Thursday, and Fast Friday.  My hope is to use one stamp set throughout the week on the projects (except, of course, on Throwback Thursday when I'll be using an older, retired set).  Because I have set dates where I post specific types of projects (1st of the month, Blogging Friends Blog Hop 10th of the month - Inspiration projects; 15th of the month - a layout; and 20th of the month ATCs), I'm going to try to incorporate this new series into those posts.  I hope you can join me for a summer full of fun projects.

So, without further hesitation, here is the first in the series for Masculine Monday.  The stamp set that I'll be using this week is Stylized Birthday.


This card was quick and easy.  I used the reverse mask technique on this card. To make center hardwood image, I cut a piece of paper the same size as the card front and roughly cut out an oval in the center.  I placed it on top of the card front that I was using for the final project and stamped the Hardwood stamp, inked with Always Artichoke onto it.  The result is that only the center of the card front was stamped.    Next I stamped up the Stylized Birthday stamp in Early Espresso.  The middle layer is Early Espresso, and the card base is Always Artichoke.  I added three candy dots in Always Artichoke in the upper right corner and then tied a piece of Always Artichoke denim ribbon (retired) along the bottom.  That's it . . . quick, simple and masculine!  This could easily be made for a woman by changing the colors, adding rhinestones or pearls in the upper corner, and tieing the ribbon into a bow along the bottom.

Cardstock:  Whisper White, Always Artichoke, Early Espresso
Ink:  Early Espresso, Always Artichoke
Stamps:  Hardwood, Stylized Birtheday
Other:  Candy Dots in Always Artichoke, Always Artichoke denim ribbon

I hope you can come back tomorrow to see a new project for Technique Tuesday!

Happy Stampin'!
Anna

No comments:

Post a Comment