Monday, July 18, 2016

Masculine Monday - Ship in a Bottle

It's Masculine Monday, and this week's stamp set is Jar of Love.   At first, I was a bit stumped, but once I started, it all came together. I just love when that happens!


The card base is Sahara Sand; the middle layer is Whisper White, and the card front is Pool Party.  I embossed a piece of vellum using the Softly Falling folder and layered that on top of the card front.  I was going for the look of bubbles in the water.

For the image, I stamped the boat from the Swirly Bird set on Whisper White (bottom is Soft Suede, and sail is Real Red).  I daubed Pool Party around it, and die cut it using the Everyday Jars Framelits.  then I stamped the jar on vellum using Mememto Black Ink.  I added slivers of dimensionals along the edge to raise the vellum from the stamped image.  I tied a bit of dark brown embroidery floss around the top of the bottle.

I wrapped some embroidery floss along the bottom of  the card and then attached the sentiment (from the Jar of Love set) punched out with the retired oval punch.

Cardstock: Sahara Sand, Pool Party, Whisper White
Paper: Vellum
Ink:  Soft Suede, Real Red, Black Memento, Chocolate Chip
Stamp Set: Jar of Love, Swirly Bird
Framelits: Everyday Jars
Embossing Folder:  Softly Falling


Check back tomorrow for a Technique Tuesday project using the Bundle of Love set.

Happy Stampin'!
Anna

No comments:

Post a Comment