Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Technique Tuesday - Emboss Resist with a Twist

Happy Tuesday!  Today is Technique Tuesday, and I chose to do a card using the emboss resist technique, but with a little twist.  Instead of using the usual white embossing powder, I used a soft lavender.  It's an old SU powder that I had in my stash that I thought I'd play with.


I will admit, it took a bit of getting used to, and it basically does just look like lavender embossing on a card, but the ease of making the card was perfect.  

To make the card, first stamp the sentiment using Versamark embossing ink.  Then cover it with embossing powder and heat set.  To make the background, ink up a sponge in Bermuda Bay and lightly pass it through the middle at an angle.  Then to the top and bottom of the that color, do the same with Pear Pizzazz, follow with more  Bermuda Bay and Pear Pizzazz until the entire card is covered.  After all the inking is done, run a soft cloth over the embossed sentiment to remove any excess ink.  Voila!

Cardstock:  Wisteria Wonder, Whisper White
Ink:  Bermuda Bay, Pear Pizzazz, Versamark Embossing Ink
Embossing Powder:  Lavender
Stamp: Stylized Birthday
Ribbon:  Pear Pizzazz seam binding

Give it a try!

Please come back tomorrow for Washi Wednesday!

Happy Stampin'!
Anna

No comments:

Post a Comment