Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Technique Tuesday - Reverse Masking

Welcome to Technique  Tuesday.  I've chosen to do a reverse masking with the Wetlands stamp set for today's card.


With typical masking, you cover up an image that you do not want to stamp over; with reverse stamping, you expose the portion of the paper you want the ink to appear on. For this one, I used one of the dies from the Square Framelits set and cut out a frame to use as my template.  I placed the frame over my card front and then sponged the different colors in the center of the frame so that it would appear nice and neatly once I removed the template.

The  colors, from top to bottom, are Soft Sky, Marina Mist, and Crumb Cake.  The reeds were stamped with Crumb Cake, and the sentiment was stamped in Marina Mist.  A very nice card in a short amount of time!  If my instructions are confusing, I'm more than happy to answer any questions you may have!

Cardstock:  Crumb Cake, Marina Mist, Whisper White
Ink:  Soft Sky, Marina Mist, Crumb Cake
Stamp Set:  Wetlands

Check back tomorrow for Washi Wednesday.

Happy Stampin'!
Anna

No comments:

Post a Comment