Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Technique Tuesday - Watercoloring

Welcome to Technique Tuesday.  I've chosen to do a watercolor technique using the Lots of Love stamp set.  I'll have to admit that this was one of the first times I've done this technique, but it was pretty easy.


I hope I can explain this without sounding too confusing!

The card front is watercolor paper.  The first thing I did was spritz it with water until it was good and wet.  Then I stamped the blue water in Marina Mist using thee water image in the stamp set.  As soon as I stamped it, the colors ran.  Then I did the same with the two greenery images using Wild Wasabi.  Next is lightly sponged the background of the card front with Marina Mist. Then I dried the paper using my heat tool.  Once the paper was dry, I stamped the  greenery images using Momento Black over the watercolored green images-- do not use a water based stamp as it won't work.  Next I stamped the outline of the jar, also using Memento Black.  I made the flowers using the same technique using the Flower Shoppe set and Daffodil Delight.  I added metal rimmed brads to the centers of the flowers as well as some Daffodil Delight seam binding to finish off the card.  The card front is mounted o Whisper  White and then onto Daffodil Delight.

If I've confused you at all, or if you have any questions, please contact me and I'll try to clarify!

Check back tomorrow for a Washi Wednesday project.

Happy Stampin'!
Anna

No comments:

Post a Comment