Thursday, July 14, 2016

Throwback Thursday - Just Jeans

Today's Throwback Thursday features the retired "Just Jeans" background stamp.  I just LOVE this stamp.  I've seen techniques online to make the denim look, but with this stamp, it's just ink and stamp!

I made this card for my husband this passed Father's Day.  He's a "jeans" guy through and through, so it was perfect for him.  The one thing I would probably do differently next time would be to make the card front a full card base size rather giving it a border.  The card base and the card front are both Marina Mist, and the ink is also Marina Mist.



To make the stitching, I used a ruler to pierce holes at 1/4" increments.  Then I used a whit gel pen to make a line to the left and right of the stitches.  That seemed a bit harsh, so I wend over it with some white craft ink to soften it.  I also made white lines connecting the holes.  After the white craft ink was dry, I very lightly sponged a bit of Marina Mist down the center of the stitches to give a more realistic  look.  To make the pocket, I used the Banner Framelits and did the same stitching technique.  I added two brushed bronze brads to the pocket to resemble gromets.  To finish up the denim, I lightly sponged the edges with Marina Mist.

The tag is made with Soft Suede.  Before I inked it up, I crumpled it into a wad to give it a leathery look.  I did the stitches the same way as the jeans, but only  used one row.   The sentiment is from the Guy Greetings set, stamped in Chocolate Chip.

The whole process was a trial and error; I just kept playing with the white highlights and the inking until I got the look I was after.  He loved it, and that's the most important thing!

Cardstock:  Marina Mist, Soft Suede
Stamp Set:  Just Jeans, Guy Greetings
Framelit:  Banners
Other:  White Gel Pen, mini brads

Please come back tomorrow to see a "Fast Friday" project!


Happy Stampin'!
Anna

No comments:

Post a Comment