Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Washi Wednesday Thank You Card

It's Washi Wednesday today, and this is a card I recently made for some students for the thoughtful end-of-the-year gifts I was given.  It was an easy design to make assembly line style, and still look like a lot of thought went into  it.


The card base is Thick Whisper White, and the card base is Whisper White.  First I stamped the small mason jar from the Jar of Love set in Basic Black.  I then stamped two bees in the jar.  I stamped them in Basic Black and colored them in with a Daffodil Delight Stampin' Write Marker.  I did the same on a piece of scrap paper and then die cut it with the coordinating die from the Everyday Jars set and pop dotted it. Next stamping was the sentiment in Cherry Cobbler from the same set.  I added some washi tape from the Gingham Garden set (retired long ago!)  That was how it was originally designed, but when I looked at it, I thought there was too much Daffodil Delight so I cut 1/4" strips of Cherry Cobbler cardstock and added it over the washi tape.  It still looked like something was missing, so I added the white gel pen stitching.

Cardstock:  Thick Whisper White, Whisper White, Cherry Cobbler
Stamp Set:  Jar of Love
Framelit: Everyday Jars
Ink:  Basic Black, Cherry Cobbler
Other:  Daffodil Delight Stampin' Write marker, white gel pen
Washi:  Gingham Garden (retired)

I hope you will check back tomorrow for Throwback Thursday.

Happy Stampin'!
Anna


No comments:

Post a Comment