Wednesday, July 27, 2016

Washi Wednesday with Wetlands

For today's Washi Wednesday card, I've again used the Wetlands stamp set.  It uses more masking (sorry about what turned out to be a masking week!).




For this one, I punched out a 2 1/2 circle.  I then put a piece of masking tape across it and sponged the water with Pool Party.  Next, I placed a piece of masking tape over the water.  I punched out a 1" circle and placed it where I wanted the sun to appear..  I sponged the sunset with So Saffron and a touch of Pumpkin Pie.  The reeds were stamped with Wild Wasabi.  I attached it towards the top of the card front and then added a piece of washi tape from the retired Beach House collection; added the sentiment, and the card was done.

Cardstock:  Pool Party, So Saffron, Whisper White
Ink:  Pool Party Party, So Saffron, Pumpkin Pie, Wild Wasabi
Stamp Set: Wetlands

Although this week ended up having lots of masking, and although all the cards used the same stamp set, I think they all have very different feels to them.  Changing up the colors and the masking techniques made each of these cards pretty unique, don't you agree?

Check back tomorrow for a Throwback Thursday project.

Happy stampin'!
Anna

No comments:

Post a Comment