Monday, August 1, 2016

Blogging Friends Blog Hop - It's Tropical



Welcome to the August Blogging Friends B log Hop.  If you are new to the blog, we are a group of Stampin' Up demonstrators from all over the  country and Canada who share a love of paper crafting.  Our blog hop happens monthly on the 1st and the hops are always LOADED with great projects and inspiration.  If you are unfamiliar with blog hops, here's how they work:  At the bottom of my post, you will see an image to continue on to the next blog which will take you directly there.  There is also a list of all the participants and their blog links.

If this is your first visit to my site - Welcome!  Be sure to subscribe using the box on the right side of your screen. You can subscribe either by email (you will get an email notification every time theres a new post), or you can subscribe by "joining".  If you have a moment, I'd love for you to leave a comment below.  I love hearing from everyone!

This month's blog hop theme was the tropics.  I chose to showcase the new Pineapple stamp that Stampin' Up! introduced in the new Annual Catalog.

Since today is Monday, and during the month of July and August, Monday's on my blog are "Masculine Monday", I chose to make a masculine card.


I'm really happy with the way this card turned out.  To  get the two colors onto the stamp, I used Stampin' Write Markers.  For the top of the pineapple, I  outlined the right edge of each leaf with Cucumber Crush and then colored the rest of the leave with Mint Macaron.  For the bottom of  the pineapple, I colored it with Delightful Dijon.  After I finished coloring the stamp, I "huffed" on it with my breath to "activate" the ink -- a great technique to use when it takes you a bit of time to color your stamp so that the colors stamp vibrantly.  I stamped the image onto Crumb Cake.  Next I stamped the "thank you" sentiment from the Thoughtful Banners in cucumber crush directly onto the card front.  I made the banner by stamping the words in Crumb Cake and the banner in Cucumber Crush.  Both of those images are also from the Thoughtful Banners set.  I fussy cut the banner and attached it to the card.  The button and embroidery floss were items I had in my stash.  The final step was to sponge the edges and background of the card front with Cucumber Crush for that masculine, distressed look.

Carstock:  Crumb Cake
Stamp:  Pineapple, Thoughtful Banners
Ink:  Delightful Dijon, Cucumber Crush, Mint Macaron, Crumb  Cake

______________________________

My second project goes way back to one of the trips to Hawaii my husband and I made.  This one is from 1992 (I know, I know . . . I'm not very current with my scrapbooking, but I'm trying!)


This layout was pretty simple to put together.  The background paper is Hello Honey.  The DSP is from Botanical Gardens.  I used one side for the main background, and the reverse side for the strips along the sides. The strip on the right was punched with the Scallop Edge punch.  I mounted the picture on Hello Honey and Cajun Craze and added another scalloped edge along the top of the picture.  I used the same technique on the pineapple as I did in the card above, except this time I used Hello Honey on the bottom, and Mossy Meadow and Old Olive for the top.  The different colors gave the pineapple an entirely different look.  I fussy cut the pineapple out and adhered it to the paper.  P stamped the banner using the Birthday Banners stamp in Mint Macaron.  The "Old Lahaina" was stamped in Hello Honey using the new Labeler Alphabet set and die cut using the Bunch of Banners framelits. The "luau" was stamped using the new Brushwork Alphabet set in Hello Honey. I punched it out with the large oval punch and mounted it onto a piece of Mint Macaron punched out with the scallop oval punch.  I added some tiny rhinestones to the oval as well as to the centers of some of the flowers (those don't show up well though).  Although the paper pack was dark and filled with dark, earthy colors, I was thrilled that it had this one piece that I could use for a tropical layout!

Cardstock:  Hello Honey, Whisper White, Cajun Craze
DSP:  Botanical Gardens
Ink: Mint Macaron, Hello Honey
Markers: Hello  Honey, Mossy Meadow, Old Olive
Stamps: Pineapple, Birthday Banners, Brushwork Alphabet, Labeler Alphabet
Framelit: Bunch of Banners

__________________________________

I hope you've enjoyed these projects.  Please click on the icon below to go directly to Anne's blog, or click on any of the links to hop to other blogs.

Thanks for stopping by and Happy  Stampin'!
Anna


Anna - You are Here


6 comments:

  1. Great projects Anna! Bright and colorful scrapbook page!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Anna, I really like the first masculine pineapple card, I like the subtle colors and the grunge-y kind of look. I haven't used my pineapple stamp yet, I better get to that because summer will be over soon! Crystal

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card and I love the scrapbook page! That pineapple is a great addition to your page. Don't worry, you aren't the only one behind in their scrapbooking - comfort in numbers...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok, I think its time to gave Hawaii a visit. But, if you do, make sure to let me know. Love your creations you shared and of course, love, love the scrapbook page.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am in love with the new pineapple stamp. At first I didn't care for it but got it for the hop and love it now! Great projects as always! The new alpha labeler is wonderful....love that one too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great projects! I love the pineapple card!

    ReplyDelete