Tuesday, August 30, 2016

Simple Window Birthday Card

This past weekend we made window cards.  They were very easy to make and the ladies just loved making them.



The first step is to die cut the square on the front of the card.  I used a square die from the new Layering Squares set.  To make the frame, I used the same size square die and one of the scalloped square dies that nested perfectly and cut out in Smokey Slate.  I then glued the frame onto the window.  The inside of the card is 8 x 5, scored at 4.  I placed it inside the card and lined it up with the fold in the outside card.  I made little tick marks to mark the size of the window so I would know where to stamp the mages.

After I stamped the images I attached the inside of the card to the outside and then wrapped some ribbon along the left side.  Although in the window  you can only see the balloons, the inside of the card shows a complete bouquet with a bow.  





Cardstock:  Bermuda Bay, Whisper White, Smokey Slate
Stamp Set: Balloon Celebration
Ink:  Bermuda Bay, So  Saffron, Flirty Flamingo,  Basic Black
Thinlits: Layering Squares

Check back tomorrow for another window card.

Happy  Stampin'!
Anna

1 comment: