Tuesday, August 9, 2016

Technique Tuesday - Acrylic Block Stamping

Today's  Tuesday Technique class features stamping with an acrylic block.  I just love the look of this technique.  It takes a bit of practice and a lot of pressure to get an even image, but once you've gotten the hang of it, I'm sure you'll be doing it a lot!


To make the background, I applied ink to an acrylic block just as I would when using a stamp.  Do not rub the block on the ink pad as you will just end  up removing the ink.  It is essential that you use a piercing mat when you stamp.  I find that if I stand up, I am able to apply more even pressure on the block, ensuring a more even image.  Since the block is clear, you can easily see where more pressure is needed.

I inked the flower with markers, gave it a huff and stamped on the paper.  The seam binding finishes it off nicely.

Cardstock:  Thick Whisper White, Melon Mambo, Whisper White
Stamp Set:  You've Got This
Ink:  Melon Mambo, So Saffron
Markers:  Melon Mambo Old Olive, Daffodil Delight

Give it a try!

Happy Stampin'!
Anna

No comments:

Post a Comment