Tuesday, August 2, 2016

Technique Tuesday - Baby Wipe/Emboss Resist

Today's technique is actually two -- an emboss resist and baby wipe technique.


The first step in this card is to stamp the pineapple using Versamark ink towards the right of the card front. Then sprinkle clear embossing powder over it and heat emboss.  I used clear powder since I stamped on Whisper White.

The next step is the baby wipe technique.  To do that, take two baby wipes and fold them in thirds length wise and in quarters width wise.  For the green, I put three drops of Old Olive reinker, three drops of Pear Pizzazz reinker, and three drops of Wild Wasabi reinker.  The colors were absorbed on the wipe and then I wiped it across the top of the pineapple.  The colors transferred from the wipe to the paper with nice tones of green.  To achieve the yellow for the bottom of the pineapple I used three drops of Crushed Curry, three drops of So Saffron, and three drops of Daffodil Delight.  

To finish it off, I attached two pieces of ribbon and made the sentiment using You're So Sweet and punched out with Label Bracket punch.

If any of these instructions are confusing, please contact me, and I'll be glad to clarify.  Give it a try!

Cardstock:  Whisper White, Daffodil Delight, Old Olive
Ink:  Old Olive, Versamark
ReInkers:  Old Olive, Pear Pizzazz, Wild Wasabi, Crushed Curry, So Saffron, Daffodil Delight
Punch: Label Bracket
Stamp Set:  You're So Sweet

Happy Stampin'!
Anna

No comments:

Post a Comment