Tuesday, August 16, 2016

Technique Tuesday - Embossing and Coloring on Vellu

Today's card features a heat emboss and coloring technique done on vellum paper.  Pretty simple, but it's a great look.  Again, I used the One Wild Ride stamp set.


The motorcycle is embossed using black embossing powder.  The banner was stamped on vellum with Versamark ink.  I sprinkled some black embossing powder on it and then heat set it.  When heat embossing on vellum, it's very important to keep the heat gun moving and not to over heat.  Otherwise, the vellum will shrivel up.  Once it was embossed, I turned it over and colored the vellum with a marker.  I die cut it with the Bunch of Banners framelits.  I offset the motorcycle and placed it towards the top of the card so I could add some twine at the bottom.

So, what would  you do do with this card?  It's perfect for someone who just got their motorcycle license, bought a new bike, or is starting out on a new adventure on their bike.

Check back tomorrow for a project using this set on Washi Wednesday -- hint, hint:  it has NOTHING to do with motorcycles!

Happy Stampin'!
Anna



No comments:

Post a Comment