Thursday, August 18, 2016

Throwback Thursday - Get Well Turtle

Well . . . since I mailed my planned Throwback Thursday cards before I took pictures of them, I was back at square one.  I didn't have time today to create something new, so I looked in my archives of pictures and saw this cuties that I hadn't posted yet. I found a version of this on Pinterest and changed it up a bit to make it my own.


I made this back in April for someone who had had surgery and was going to be off her feet for a while.

Just about everything in this card is now retired.  The DSP is from the paper stack Welcome Neighbor.  The turtle's shell was made using the Honeycomb embossing folder.  First I punched out the circle and then I ran it through the embossing folder and cut it a little larger than half.  I sponged it to give him some dimension.  The turtle's head was made with the small oval punch.  I just added his eye.  I made the feet using the Word Window punch.  Each punch was cut in half.  The grass was fringed using the fringe scissors.  The sun is simply a punched circle that has been sponged.  I typed the sentiment on my laptop.

Cardstock:  Old Olive, Garden Green, Whisper White, Soft Suede, So  Saffron
Ink:  Garden Green, Old Olive, Daffodil Delight, Soft Suede
Punches:  Word Window (feet), 2 1/2 circle (body), small oval (head) 2" circle (sun)
Embossing Folder:  Honeycomb
DSP:  Welcome Neighbor
Tools:  Fringe Scissors

Come back tomorrow for a Fast Friday layout!

Happy Stampin'!
Anna

1 comment: