Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Washi Wednesday with Touches of Texture

Welcome to Washi  Wednesday.  This card is so simple, I feel guilty posting it!  Not really, but it truly  did come together effortlessly, but it doesn't look it!


I stamped the flower using Black Archival ink and colored the flowers and leaves in using Rose Red, Perfect Plum and Garden Green.  I wanted  a bit more flash, so I went over the flowers with Wink of  Stella.  Then I stamped the sentiment in Black from the Better Together set.  Finally, I wrapped some black and white baker's twine towards the bottom.  I mounted it on a piece of Basic  Black and attached it to the card front.  The final step was to attach two small strips of  Washi Tape from the Everyday Chic collection.  That's it -- end result an simple, elegant card.

Cardstock:  Whisper White Thick, Basic Black, Whisper White
Stamp Set:  Touches of  Texture, Better Together
Ink:  Black Archival
Markers:  Garden Green, Perfect Plum, Rose Red
Washi:  Everyday  Chic
Other:  Black and White Baker's Twine

Sometimes less really is more!

Check back tomorrow for a Throwback Thursday project.

Happy  Stampin'!
Anna

No comments:

Post a Comment