Thursday, September 1, 2016

Blogging Friends One Year Anniversary Blog Hop



Welcome to the September Blogging Friends Blog Hop.  If you are new to the blog, we are a group of Stampin' Up demonstrators from all over the  country and Canada who share a love of paper crafting.  Our blog hop happens monthly on the 1st and the hops are always LOADED with great projects and inspiration.  If you are unfamiliar with blog hops, here's how they work:  At the bottom of my post, you will see an image to continue on to the next blog which will take you directly there.  There is also a list of all the participants and their blog links.

If this is your first visit to my site - Welcome!  Be sure to subscribe using the box on the right side of your screen. You can subscribe either by email (you will get an email notification every time there is a new post), or you can subscribe by clicking on "follow".  If you have a moment, I'd love for you to leave a comment below.  I love hearing from everyone!

This month marks our one year anniversary, which is a very special occasion in and of itself, but it's even MORE special and exciting because we have a very special guest blogger today -- the one and only Shelli Gardner, a founder of Stampin' Up!  We are all so thrilled to have her joining us.  If you've followed the blog from the beginning, you should have arrived here from Shelli's blog.  Wasn't it great?!


****It's a special month in so many ways, so I'll be giving away some great Stampin' Up! products to one lucky person (excluding the bloggers) who leaves a comment below and also follows my blog.  A winner will be chosen using random.org.  Please be sure to provide your email address so I can contact you.  I will draw a winner on September 30.****

This month's anniversary theme was "Anything Goes", so  I decided to go with the "anniversary" theme since my husband and I are celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary this month.

My husband is a very simple, no frills, steak and potatoes kind of guy, so when I sat down to design an anniversary card for him for such a big occasion as our 25th, I was a bit stumped.  After some careful consideration, it finally came to me.  He's such a hard worker and a wonderful provider, and has been from the beginning, so I thought I'd try to represent that in the card.  This is what I came up with.



Our house, which we built together as we were planning our wedding (talk about stress!) is brick, so the brick embossing folder was perfect for it!  I started by embossing the card front using Cajun Craze and the brick embossing folder.  I highlighted the bricks using the White Craft Ink.   The "25" was made by stamping the numbers from the Numbers of Year stamp set in Always Artichoke and die cutting them with the coordinating Large Numbers thinlits.

I pulled out the long-retired Good Neighbors set and stamped the house in Cajun Craze.  The roof was stamped with Basic Gray and fussy cut and popped up with Stampin' Dimensionals.  The tree was stamped by applying Garden Green marker to the top and Soft Suede to the trunk.  The clouds were stamped with Soft Sky and also popped up for some dimension.  The  grass is from the new Sitting Here set using Always Artichoke.

I die cut the scene using the Banners framelits in Whisper White and mounted to Always Artichoke.

Finally, I mounted the card front on Whisper White and then Always Artichoke.  I just love how this came  out because our house is beautifully built with the same color bricks, and I love that the door on the house has a heart on it and that's perfect for all the love that has been in our home for 25 years!  
I think he'll love the card and I can't wait to give it to him in a few weeks!

Cardstock:  Always Artichoke, Whisper White, Cajun Craze
Stamp Sets:  Good Neighbors (retired), Number of Years, Sitting Here
Thinlits:  Banners, Large Numbers
Ink:  Cajun Craze, Basic Gray, Soft Sky, Always Artichoke
Stampin' Write Markers: Soft Suede, Garden Green

-------------------------------------------------

My next project is from a trip my husband and I took on our first anniversary to Hawaii.  We had honeymooned there and had visited the islands of Oahu, Maui and Kauai.  We loved them all, but especially Kauai.  When planning our anniversary trip, we decided to spend our entire time on the island of Kauai.  Well, the island was sadly hit by Hurricane Iniki the day before we were to leave on our trip.  We had a wonderful travel agent and he was able to get us on to the island of Maui and into a great hotel.  It wasn't what we had planned, but it was wonderful nonetheless.  This layout is the inside view of the hotel.


This layout came together pretty quickly.  All the pictures are mounted on Cajun Craze and then onto a piece of patterned paper from the Botanical Gardens DSP pack from 2016 Occasions and then onto Cajun Craze.  The title was made by stamping the little flowers from the "Number of Years" set and cutting it out with the banners thinlits.  All of the components of the title are from the Number of Years set and the coordinating Large Numbers thinlits. I added little rhinestones for some bling!  Finally, I tied a bow along the side using the retired Pear Pizzazz seam binding.

Cardstock:  Cajun Craze, Whisper White
DSP:  Botanical Gardens (retired)
Stamp Set: Number of Years
Thinlits: Large Numbers, Banneres
Ribbon:  Pear Pizzazz Seam Binding (retired)
Other: Rhinestones
---------------------------------------------------
My last project is a card I made for a relative's 50th Wedding Anniversary party.  I just love how it came out!


There was no stamping at all on this card (except for the inside).  The gold heart was die cut using the Bloomin' Love Thinlits.  I used the gold foil specialty paper for the heart.  The "50" and th little flowers were die cut from the same set using Gold Glitter paper.  I added some rhinestones to the flower centers and finished off the card with some gold satin ribbon.  The card front is Whisper white and the card base is Delightful Dijon.

Cardstock:  Delightful Dijon, Whisper White
Specialty Paper:  Gold Foil, Gold Glitter
Ribbon:  Gold Satin
Other: Rhinestones

I hope you enjoyed these projects and that you will continue  on with the hop to see some more great projects!  You can get to the next blog by clicking on the image below or by clicking on any of the links.


Anna - YOU ARE HERE





17 comments:

  1. Cute love the number set. Can't believe I don't have it. Hmm guess what I will be getting soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow you shared so much! The cards a page are wonderful! My husband and I will be 25 years in November- what a feat building your own house! We were lucky just to buy one while we were waiting to get married!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card Anna and I love how you tied the elements in building your card to the life you have built in your home. Thanks for sharing with us!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful creations Anna! I really love how you used the gold foil paper and the gold glimmer paper together in the last card. Happy Blog-iversary!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Anniversary to you & your husband, Anna! What a lovely way to celebrate, with a special card and a memory page of your honeymoon :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your 50th card - so elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on your 25th anniversary, Anna! That is really something to be proud of and this card is so sweet. I love that it's love in a home. What an awesome month we've had! Crystal

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anna congrats on the one year Blogiversary and on your own 25th Anniversary. What a special occasion! You've created some awesome projects. I love how and why you incorporated the red brick into your anniversary card and the memories in your scrapbook page of your first anniversary. How wonderful! I also love the 50th Anniversary card for your relative. Simply stunning and to think it was created with out stamping!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy 25th Anniversary! I love the story behind both your projects. This post was such a joy to read!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful cards....thanks for sharing!
    Bobbie Flatland, bfcrafts@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great projects, thank you. I love how you came up with the idea for your anniversary card.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy Anniversary Anna! Love all your projects!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy Anniversary Anna! I love your story of how you created your Anniversary card. Great projects. Until next month, Happy Crafting, Happy Blogiversary and most of all, Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great projects! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congratulations on your 25th Anniversary!!! Great projects as always!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Happy Blogiversary Anna! Congratulations too on your 25th anniversary! Love all your projects. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete