Monday, September 19, 2016

Whitewash Get Well Card

This past weekend, my card class was focused on learning the whitewash technique.  We made three cards, and this is the first one.


The technique is pretty easy.

First you heat emboss the outline of the stamp with white embossing powder.  To color the bowl and the soup, I filled an aqua pen with water and then mixed it with some White Craft reinker.  The consistency of the ink should be thin, but not watery.  Then apply the white ink to the card, being careful to stay within the lines.

Very important -- the white ink must dry completely before going on to the  next step.  I used a heat tool to dry it.

Next, I puddled Marina Mist in the lid of the ink pad and applied it ot a blender pen.  I outlined the edge of the bowl and the "pulled" the color in towards the center of the bowl.  It's also important not to over work it as you will pill the card stock.  I did the same wih Daffodil Delight in the center of the bowl (the soup).  To finish it off, I added some rhinestones on the heart as well as on the handle of the spoon.

It was a big hit at class.  Check back tomorrow to see another whitewash project.

Cardstock:  Marina Mist, Whisper White, Crumb Cake
Ink:  White Craft, Versamark, Marina Mist
Embossing Powder:  White
Tools:  Aqua Pen, Blender Pen

Give it a try!

Happy Stampin'!
Anna


No comments:

Post a Comment