Saturday, October 1, 2016

Blogging Friends Blog Hop AND Day 1 of Holiday Cards in October



It's the first of the month, so that means its time for a Blogging Friends Blog Hop; plus it's Day one of Holiday Cards in October.

In addition to our monthly blog hop, during the month October, I will be posting one holiday card per day.  It may be a Christmas card, a "season's greetings" card, a Hannukah card, or New Year's card. Now is the perfect time to get those holiday cards started!

If you are new to the blog, we are a group of Stampin' Up demonstrators from all over the  country and Canada who share a love of paper crafting.  Our blog hop happens monthly on the 1st and the hops are always LOADED with great projects and inspiration.  If you are unfamiliar with blog hops, here's how they work:  At the bottom of my post, you will see an image to continue on to the next blog which will take you directly there.  There is also a list of all the participants and their blog links.

If this is your first visit to my site - Welcome!  Be sure to subscribe using the box on the right side of your screen. You can subscribe either by email (you will get an email notification every time there is a new post), or you can subscribe by clicking on "follow".  If you have a moment, I'd love for you to leave a comment below.  I love hearing from everyone!

Today also marks the first day of 31 days of Christmas.  For the month of October, I'll be posting a Christmas project -- either a card or a scrapbook layout.

This month's theme for the blog hop is to share projects using new products from the Holiday Catalog.  I decided to showcase the new stamp set, Seasonal Bells, and the coordinating punch, Bells.

This first project is a wedding card I made for a co-worker.  The card front is partially embossed with the Happy Hearts embossing folder.  The bells are from the Seasonal Bells set, and punched out with the coordinating Bells punch.  The beautiful ribbon is the Sweet Sugarplum ribbon from the Glitter Ribbon Combo Pack, also in the Holiday Catalog.


Cardstock:  Thick Whisper White, Sweet Sugarplum, Whisper White
Embossing Folder:  Happy Hearts
Stamp Set: Seasonal Bells
Ink:  Smokey Slate
Punch: Bells
Ribbon: Glitter Ribbom Combo Pack (Sweet Sugarplum)
___________________________________

The second project is a Christmas card that we'll be making at an upcoming workshop.  I used silver glitter paper on this one because you can never  have too much shimmer and shine!  The bells are also embossed with red glimmer embossing powder.



Cardstock:  Real Red, Whisper White
DSP: Trim the Tree (from last year's Holiday Catalog)
Speciality Paper: Silver Glimmer
Stamp:  Seasonal Bells
Ink:  Versamark
Embossing Powder:  Red Glitter
Thinlit:  Wonderful Wreath

________________________________

My last project is a scrapbook layout.  This one goes way back to 1998 when my girls were very young.  I just love using my stamps on my scrapbook layout.  The bells were embossed with clear embossing powder for a little bit of shine.


Cardstock:  Real Red, Whisper White
DSP:  Merry Moments
Ink:  Real Red, Versamark
Stamp:  Seasonal Bells, Magical Seasons
Embossing Powder:  Clear
Punch:  Bell
Ribbon:  5/8" grossgrain Real Red
Framelits:  Layering Ovals

____________________________

I hope you've enjoyed these projects.  Hop on over to the other blogs to see more projects using products from the Holiday Catalog.  You can click on the icon below, or you can just click on one of the links!

Happy Stampin'!
Anna




Anna - You Are Here


26 comments:

  1. You really rang those bell- sorry for the bad pun couldn't help myself. I seriously love what you did with this set. I bought it but I'm not convinced I love it thanks for showing me so ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving the bells! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing the holiday bells. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The bells look beautiful used for both the wedding and Christmas cards, Anna! What a great way to show off their versatility. Such a cute scrapbook layout - great memories!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful use of the Bells! I love that sweet sugar plum ribbon, too :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I really like the bells! If only I could buy every single stamp set Stampin' Up has to offer, I would be such a happy camper. :-) Your cards are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jodi! I hear ya -- I want them all!!!

      Delete
  7. Love your cards! Guess i need these bells too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. adorable! I did not get the bells yet. I might have to!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Netta! I hesitated about it at first, and now I'm so glad I did!

      Delete
  9. Great projects Anna! I like how you can use the bells for more than just Christmas. I think your scrapbook page is my favourite - scrapbooking is my first love! Your bow on your page is perfect - I would love to make them that nice. Thanks so much for the great projects.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Tammy. Scrapbooking is my first love, as well. I always feel like I'm neglecting it! I use a bow maker for my bows -- the best $20 I've ever spent!

      Delete
  10. Beautiful Cards Anna...Love the wedding bells!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anna, the seasonal bells are quickly becoming one of my favorites too and yet there aren't really enough samples yet out there, so thanks for using this set! Crystal

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a great set, Crystal. I see lots of use in its future!

      Delete
  12. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your projects {as always}. I just a christmas card using the glitter sweet sugarplum ribbon. I am going to have to get some. And your scrapbook page is simple and I love it. I am always trying to to add more to my pages because I think they look too plain BUT I always love what you do!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete