Tuesday, October 25, 2016

Day 25 of Holiday Cards in October with Embellished Ornaments

The next set of cards will be made using the beautiful Embellished Ornaments stamp set.  I must  admit that I've had this for over a year and this is the first time I've used it.  I don't know why it took me so long, but I am positive it will be getting LOTS of use!  I guess I was on an embossing kick since every element of this card is heat embossed!  I like the subtle effect the three layers gives this card -- the base is Whiser White Thick, the middle layer is Crumb Cake, and the front is Real Red.


I decided to use the new Copper embossing powder for thee ornament and the sentiment.  for the greenery I used a retired embossing powder - Sage.  I have so many containers of embosing powder in my stash, so I guess I better use it up to make room for more! The top of the ornament was die cut with the coordinating Delicate Ornaents thinlits.  I cut it from Crumb Cake and then applied a layer of Wink of Stella on it.  I wanted the berries on the greenery to pop somehow, but when I added red dots to them, they didn't look right so I decided to go with some rhinestones -- you can never use too much bling!



Product List
I hope you will come back tomorrow for a special card using this awesome stamp set!

Happy stampin'
Anna

2 comments: