Saturday, October 29, 2016

Days 28 and 29 of Holiday Cards in October

Oops, once again I'm late with one of my posts.  I had a really hectic work week and when I got home last night, I decided to unwind with some takeout and a nice glass of wine and forgot to post!  So . . . here are two days worth of posts.  These are still in the  Greetings from Santa series, but they're so totally different.

Day 28:  Naughty or Nice



This card has four layers.  The base is Thick Whisper White; then the middle layer is Real Red; the next layer is the card front in Whisper White; and ten the die cut fron the Detailed Sants thinlits.  I also die but the decorative details on the top and bottom of the card to fill int he space.  I ran a small piece of Real Red through the thinlits and placed it in the open spot of the hat.  Finally, I stamped the sentimen directly on to the card front and the list onto a piece of scrap which I fussy cut  out and popped up for some dimension.  The beard and fur are all covered with Clear Wink of Stella, but you can't see the sparkle in the picture.  It really does give it a nice finish.

Product List
Day 29 - Greetings from the North Pole


This card only uses the stamp set, and it's got a completely different feel than the other two.  It's more rustic and woodsy.  The card base is Soft Suede.  The DSP is from the retired Candlelight Christmas.  I stamped the reindeer onto some Very Vanilla that was mounted onto Garden Green and then onto more Very Vanills.  The deer were stamped in Chocolate Chip because I needed something dark enough to go over the stamped trees (second generation Garden Green). The snow flakes were  heat embossed with white embosing powder, and the sentiment was heat embossed using clear embosssing powder  The final tough -- the ribbon -- is some retired Chocolate Chip I had in my stash.



Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment