Wednesday, December 7, 2016

Bride and Groom Wedding Card

I recently made this wedding card for a coworker.  I found a card very similar to this on Pinterest and CASEd it, changing up a few things and making it my own.  This card uses mostly retired product, and I do apologize for posting a project with products that are no longer available, but perhaps you have, or can borrow, these products to replicate the card!


The base is in Basic Black and is a gate fold.  The paper is cut 8 1/2 x 5 1/2 and scored at 2 1/8 from each side to make the gate fold.  

For the groom's shirt, I simply free hand cut a piece of paper in the shape shown.  Then I cut a strip of black paper and notched it to make the bow tie.  The buttons are tiny black rhinestones.

The bride's dress is made in layers of Whisper White cardstock.  First I die cut the shape from the Dress Up thinlits.  Then I die cut three more layers by die cutting only the bottom of the Dress Up thinlit.  Next I embossed all of the layers using the Delicate Designs embossing edge folder.  Finally, I added a few rhinestones.  The top of the gown is covered with Wink of Stella for a nice shine (it doesn't show up in the picture).

The bouquet was made by punching lots of flowersfrom the retired Boho Blossoms punch in Blushing Bride and arranging them as shown.  The stems are simply slivers of Pear Pizzazz cardstock.  As always, I added some rhinestones to the centers of the flowers.

This card was a bit labor intensive, but I think it came out beautifully.  Most importantly, the bride LOVED it!

As always, I'm happy to answer any questions you may have about this project or about Stampin' Up!

Happy Stampin'!
Anna


Product List
Dress Up Framelits Dies
Dress Up Framelits Dies
[130101]
$24.95
Retired
Boho Blossoms Punch
Boho Blossoms Punch
[119858]
$16.95
Retired
Delicate Designs Textured Impressions Embossing Folder
Delicate Designs Textured Impressions Embossing Folder
[127023]
$8.95
Retired

No comments:

Post a Comment