Saturday, April 1, 2017

April Blog Hop - All About Yellow!



It's the first of the month, so that means its time for a Blogging Friends Blog Hop, and I welcome you!   If you are new to the blog, we are a group of Stampin' Up demonstrators from all over the  country and Canada who share a love of paper crafting.  Our blog hop happens monthly on the 1st and the hops are always LOADED with great projects and inspiration.  I invite you to "hop" from one blog to the next to see all the great projects!

If this is your first visit to my site - Welcome!  Please be sure to click on the "Newsletter" tab above to be put on my mailing list to receive notices of sales and promotions as well as to receive monthly  tutorials.  You can also subscribe to my blog by email (you will get an email notification every time there is a new post), or you can subscribe by clicking on "follow".  If you have a moment, I'd love for you to leave a comment below.  I love hearing from everyone!

Now, onto the hop. . . the projects on all the blogs this  month will feature the color yellow.  That task sounded easy enough at first, but when I sat down to make my project, it proved to be tougher than I thought!

For my first project, I decided to make some thank you notes that I'll be needing during the month.  I wanted a "different" look, so I decided to score some diamond shapes on the card and then sponge them for some dimension.  Below the picture is a video showing how the card was made.




Check out the video to see how the card was made:



My second project is a card made by using acrylic blocks as my "stamp".  First I sponged the background, then I inked up three different size acrylic blocks and "stamped" them on the card.  The last stampping step was to stamp the images into the square blocks.  The images are from the set Touches of  Texture.  Finally, I decided to use some of the chevron ribbon that I've been hoarding!





Product List
Teeny Tiny Wishes Clear Stamp Set
[127802]
$27.00
(Thank You Card)
Simply Scored
[122334]
$30.00
(Thank You Card)
Tuxedo Black Memento Ink Pad
[132708]
$6.00
(Both Cards)
Stamping Sponges
[101610]
$3.50
(Both Cards)
Daffodil Delight 1/4" Stitched Grosgrain Ribbon
Daffodil Delight 1/4" Stitched Grosgrain Ribbon
[126872]
$4.95
(Thank You Card)
Brights Stampin' Write Markers
[131259]
$29.00
(Thank You Card)

I hope you will continue on to the other blogs to check out the other projects.  You can get to the next one by clicking on the icon below, or simply by clicking on these links.


Anna Conetta Masciovecchio - YOU ARE HERE 




5 comments:

  1. Thanks for including the vidoe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That scoring is super cool! I also really like the use of the blocks for background color.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great cards Anna. I always forget about my scoring tool! This will help me get it out more. Wonderful video.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful cards Anna, I love the block stamping technique. TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are two fabulous techniques you've done on these cards, Anna! I had seen the block stamping technique before, but not the scoring. Very unique. Happy April! Crystal

    ReplyDelete