Wednesday, June 28, 2017

Last Minute Engagement Card

So, my daughter stopped by for a visit the other night.  She asked what I was making for dinner, and decided she'd stay to join me.  It's always a treat to have her come by AND stay for awhile.  After dinner was over, she said, "Oh, by the way, I need an engagement card.  Can you make me one?"  Of course, my answer was "yes".  I asked when she needed it by, and she said, "I'll clean up the dishes if you can get started now.  I need it for tomorrow."  Gotta love 'em!


Well, being under pressure actually worked in my favor.  An idea popped into my head and I kind of just went with it.  I started with the obvious -- the champagne flutes from Mixed  Drinks.  I stamped them in Basic Black and then cut some gold glimmer paper to fill them in.  Then I remembered a ring I had made for a fancy peek-a-boo engagement card so I made the ring with silver foil paper and some rhinestones. That left me with a lot of empty  space, though, so I pulled out the  Bloomin' Love sstamp set.  I stamped the small heart with Versamark  and then embossed it with Blushign Bride embossing powder.  To fill  in the bottom space, I tied a bow with Blushing Bride stitched grossgrain ribbon.

Those pieces were all mounted onto Blushing Bride cardstock with was then attached to Thick Whisper White card stock.  I stamped "Congratulations" using the Floral Phrases set with Versamark and embossed it with Blushing Bride Embossing Powder.  Ta da -- done!  Once my creative juices started flowing, the card came together pretty quickly.

How do you create under pressure?

Happy Stampin'!
Anna



Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment