Monday, June 26, 2017

Touches of Texture Sympathy Card

Sympathy cards are not always easy to make.  I strive for a card that is calming in color and presence but one that will also bring the recipient some comfort.  I recently needed to send a sympathy card, and I came up with this one.


I thought the Wisteria Wonder was perfect for the card base.  I stamped the flowers from the Touches of Texture set using Archival Black and then used Watercolor Pencils to color the flowers and leaves. Although Melon Mambo is a bright, strong color, when watercolored, it became subtle and soft.  The frame was made using the Layering Ovals set, which really makes the flowers pop.  The sentiment is from the Teeny Tiny Wishes set.

To put the card together - first I stamped the image on Whisper White and attached it to the card base.  Next I marked where I  needed to die cut the oval frame.   I scored the lines along all sides using the Score Board.  After I made the frame, I attached that to the card front and raised it using Stampin Dimensionals so that the flower looks like it's in a shadow box.  The final step was to attach the sentiment.

It was pretty simple to make, although there were a lot of steps.  I hope that it brought comfort to my friend.

Happy Stampin'!
Anna




Product List

2 comments: