Wednesday, November 1, 2017

Polished Stone Thanksgiving Card



It's the first of the month, so that means it's time for a Blogging Friends Blog Hop, and I welcome you!   If you are new to the blog, we are a group of Stampin' Up demonstrators from all over the  country and Canada who share a love of paper crafting.  Our blog hop happens monthly on the 1st and the hops are always LOADED with great projects and inspiration.  I invite you to "hop" from one blog to the next to see all the great projects!  Links to all the other blogs are at the bottom of this post.

If this is your first visit to my site - Welcome!  Please be sure to click on the "Newsletter" tab above to be put on my mailing list to receive notices of sales and promotions as well as to receive monthly  tutorials.  You can also subscribe to my blog by filling in your email address.  If you have a moment, I'd love for you to leave a comment below.  I love hearing from visitors!

Now, onto the hop. . . This month's theme was Thanksgiving.  I went with my new favorite technique - Polished Stone.  I am having so much fun making cards using this technique.  It's super easy, and no two cards are every the same.  I paired the technique with the Sheltering Tree stamp set, which, although it is perfect for all four seasons, I always seem to reach for it for my fall cards.




I'm happy with the ratio of Daffodil Delight and Pumpkin Pie.  It's the perfect autumn leaf color!


I wanted to stray away from the usual card design, so I cut off a strip of paper on one side and set it off a  bit to hold a simple knotted ribbon.


To see step-by-step directions how to make this card, click on the video below.



If you have any questions about this project or any of the products used, please contact me by clicking on the "contact" tab above.

Product List
In addition to the products listed below, you will  need rubbing alcohol and cotton balls.
To "hop" over to the next blog in the hop, click the icon below or click on any of the blog hoppers' names below.  You won't be disappointed -- there's always a fabulous project on each blog!

Anna Conetta Masciovecchio - YOU ARE HERE




8 comments:

  1. So pretty and I love this technique!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lisa. I find myself doing it a lot more now that SU has the glossy paper!

      Delete
  2. What a neat technique Anna! And I honestly have never heard of this one before. I'll have to give it a try! Happy fall and have a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Crystal. I guarantee that once you try it, it'll become one of your go-to techniques :)

      Delete
  3. Super cool card Anna, I'm going to give this a try!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Michelle. It's an oldie, but a goodie!

      Delete
  4. Anna this card is so beautiful! I love the color blending you did with it.

    Nikki, paperandpurlgurl.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super pretty card, Anna! I love this technique, going to have to give it a try. thanks for the awesome video.

    ReplyDelete